tel: 0161 2426878

Buildings Cover

Buildings insurance is very important for all homeowners. The loss of their home and its contents could be one of the most serious financial losses any person might face.

Nevertheless, mortgage lenders compulsorily require all borrowers to insure their property; and contents insurance is strongly advised.  Buildings and contents is generally taken out together with the same insurance provider.

A property should be insured for its reinstatement cost i.e. the full cost of rebuilding. The property post code, age of property, number of bedroom and type of property generally determine the monthly premium.

Building Insurance typically covers for damage caused by Fire; Riot; Storm or Flood; Falling trees; Escape of water; Escape of Oil; Theft; Subsidence; TV aerials; Glass; and Legal Fees.

There is no UK standard policy for buildings insurance but cover usually includes:

• The structure of the home- this normally includes garages, sheds, greenhouses and other outbuildings
• Exterior parts of the property i.e. paths, fences, gates
• Fixtures. These are usually defined as anything that the owner would normally leave behind.
• Swimming pools and tennis courts and normally covered separately.

Property insurers usually insure most types of properties; however premiums may be increased due to the following:

• A property with a thatched roof
• A property within a flood risk area
• A property subject to coastal erosion
• A property of unusual construction

If you would like to know more, please submit your details and one of our insurance brokers will call you to discuss your requirements. We are ‘whole of market’ and work with a range of insurers from well-known house names such as Abbey, Aviva, Halifax, Legal & General and Zurich, amongst others.

Why us?

Ask us anything

If you’re interested in an insurance policy or just need insurance advice, simply fill in your details below. An insurance advisor will be in touch to discuss your requirements.